The student news site of Manchester High School.

MHS Redline

Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Dear Manchester High School Community,

I am writing to provide information on the services for Malvrick Donkor. The memorial services will be held on Saturday, Dec. 15, in the evening. They will take place in the Manchester High School auditorium. Further information including exact times and details about the services will be communicated in the near future.

Many parents and community groups have asked how they could make financial contributions to the family of Malvrick Donkor. If you are interested in providing financial support, the Northeast Family Federal Credit Union set up a collection fund for the family of Malvrick and it is now available for donations. As people and organizations donate to the fund, the credit union will record their names and addresses to pass along to the family.  People or groups can also donate anonymously. Donations can be dropped off at any branch of the Northeast Family Credit Union. Checks can be made out to Northeast Family FCU with a notation of “M Donkor” on the “for” line. If you are unable to drop off donations at a credit union branch, you can mail them to the high school. Please send checks to my attention. There also have been suggestions made by our students about possible fund-raising events. We are grateful for their ideas and will be reviewing them. Any events will be well-publicized and money raised would be donated to the fund.

As I said earlier, many questions about this tragedy remain; school officials are cooperating with the Manchester Police Department as well as representatives from the State Department of Public Health to ensure that both groups have all of the information they need to conduct a thorough investigation. An internal investigation is also underway. The high school pool remains closed at this time, pending the results of these investigations. Any recommendations around pool operations that may come from the investigations will be reviewed and implemented prior to the reopening of the pool for use in physical education classes.

On behalf of the faculty, staff, and students of Manchester High School, I wish to express our deep appreciation to both the Manchester community as well as various school systems across the state that have all been tremendously supportive during this most difficult time. Though his life was short, the tremendous outpouring of love and support demonstrate that Malvrick’s warm smile and energetic spirit had a significant impact on the entire community. We continue to keep Malvrick and his family in our thoughts and prayers, and ask that, regardless of your faith, you do the same.

Sincerely,

Matt Geary

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Midterm Exam Schedule

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Grade 8 Open House and Grade 9 Academy Information Night at MHS on January 19, 2017

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

UConn Western Civilization Students Circumnavigate the Globe

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

MHS Class Races ‘Power Hour’ Cardboard Boat 

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Students Present Principal Krieger With Plaque

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Are You A Certified Lifeguard?

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Student Volunteers Needed for Farm Day at the Lutz Children’s Museum!

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Teen Center Welcome Back on September 7th

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Need Your Chromebook This Summer?

• Malvrick Donkor, 1997-2012

Showcase

Students Explore Cultures in UCONN ECE Classes