Welcome to MHS
Quite often parents and students have questions concerning a variety of factors, which have an effect on a smooth transition to the high school. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have a questions or concerns. It is our feeling that any question you have is important. We continually work to improve the communication between parents, students and Manchester High School staff. Please visit us at our website mhsredline.com for all school information. Below you will find a brief overview and direct links to information about our school.
Information about our school may be found under the Home dropdown menu on our website listed as About MHS. Here you will find the MHS Mission, Code of Conduct, School Improvement Plan and the Strategic School Plan among other information.
Administration and Staff
Principal Jill Krieger can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-647-3526
Upperclassmen are offered the opportunity to belong to an Academy and take courses to prepare them for a career of their choosing.
The following are a list of the current academies offered to students:
- Education Public Service Academy is for students who are interested in exploring the fields of Teaching, Social Work, Psychology and Criminal Justice.
- The Truth Academy at MHS sees the development of critical thinking as the most important skill for all future endeavors including college, career, and citizenship.
- The Culinary, Hospitality, Entrepreneurship Academy is about bringing students together who are interested in creating, getting real-world experience, learning in a fun hands-on environment, and acquiring skills that will help them obtain employment after high-school.
- The STEM Communications & Design Academy offers students the opportunity to explore areas in STEM through hands on, project based courses. Student work is featured on school and personal websites and other platforms including the school newspaper, yearbook, social media platforms and a web-based television media hub.
- The Medical Careers Academy is designed to help students interested in any medically related field and to explore varied career opportunities and begin to learn the skills they will need. Students in the Academy have shown interests ranging from medicine and nursing, to areas as diverse as veterinary, physical therapy, athletic training, forensics, psychology, cancer treatment, and many more.
- The Performing Arts Academy is the right place for students looking to discover more about the various performing arts. In addition to all of the music classes already offered at MHS, new courses focused on dance, piano, and acting will be open to students enrolled in this academy.
MPS is a Google District
What does this mean? All students at Manchester High are issued a school Chromebook and MPSPride.org email address to support their learning. Students are expected to take good care of the Chromebook and use it responsibly. Please see the Going Google @ MHS section on www.mhsredline.com for additional information including the Parent Chromebook Sheet and the Chromebook Handbook
Power Hour is one hour of unscheduled time in the middle of the day during which students can seek help from their academic teachers or participate in enrichment activities. To see student schedules go to Calendars & Schedules. Delay and cancellation information is located here as well.
Manchester High students and their parents and guardians have a variety of ways to stay connected to school from a computer or other digital device.
Home Access Center : Access Student Grades
Naviance: Family Connection : College & Career Readiness
Infosnap : Registration
Destiny : Student Obligations (textbooks, fines, library account)
Swipe : Attendance
School-Messenger : Receive email/phone notifications from MHS
Student Parent Portal
Please go to the Student Parent Portal under the Parents & Community section on mhsredline.com for information about Academic expectations, Attendance, the Course Catalog, Student Handbook, Forms, PTA and other information.
The Manchester High School Counseling Program is an integral part of the total educational experience through which students prepare for meaningful and rewarding lives as productive members of a changing society. For more information about the Guidance staff, college scholarships and the Student Support Center go to the Guidance Department section under Parents & Community from mhsredline.com
Manchester High School has a variety of clubs and activities that provide students the opportunity to become involved in the school and the community. See the Activities menu on our website for a full list of the many clubs that we have to offer students.
- MHS offers an extensive athletic program that includes a wide variety of interscholastic sports. Information can be found on mhsredline.com or by clicking the Athletics website