The student news site of Manchester High School.

MHS Redline

Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Girls (right to left) Rachel Suhie, Vanessa Corrao, and Svea Millett run together at the CCC Cross Country Championships Wednesday at Wickham Park. Suhie and Millett ran their best races of the season.

Mr. Mike Bendzinski

“Confidence and trust,” according to first year Girls Head Coach Dani Kennedy are essential for a long distance runner to reach their potential. Many athletes go to practice and work hard, but to get to that next level of success, you must have to trust your coach and have ultimate confidence in yourself.

“These girls have gone through three coaches in three years and that can be very tough on any team.  I give them a lot of credit for accepting me as their head coach,” she said.

Coach Kennedy knows a lot about competing. She recently ran a personal record of 20:30 at the Hartford 5k, placing in the top 50. At age 53 that is an amazing accomplishment. Under her guidance, the girls finished the regular season with a record of 11-3 and a tie with South Windsor for 2nd in the CCC North.  The future looks bright for MHS, as 3 freshmen finished in the top 5 for the team at the CCC Championships.

The team was lead by Junior Sarah Robbins, closely followed by freshmen Rachel Suhie, Natalie Pacheco and Svea Millett. “Rachel ran her best race of the year and Svea came out of the race with that look of I loved this and can do better,” described Kennedy.  These young runners can build on their confidence gained from their success in the CCC Championships in preparation for the Class LL State Championship Saturday October 27th.

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Midterm Exam Schedule

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Grade 8 Open House and Grade 9 Academy Information Night at MHS on January 19, 2017

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

UConn Western Civilization Students Circumnavigate the Globe

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

MHS Class Races ‘Power Hour’ Cardboard Boat 

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Students Present Principal Krieger With Plaque

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Are You A Certified Lifeguard?

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Student Volunteers Needed for Farm Day at the Lutz Children’s Museum!

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Teen Center Welcome Back on September 7th

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Need Your Chromebook This Summer?

• Future Bright For Girls XC Team

Showcase

Students Explore Cultures in UCONN ECE Classes